Wednesday, February 29, 2012

CHALK PAINT!!

For those who haven't heard, chalk paint is the new craze out there in the furniture painting world.  This product can be made or you can buy it but, its only sold at very few places.  After looking into the pros and cons of the homemade version I initially decided against it but then my friend who owns "knot too shabby" furniture store in downtown Glendora started selling it so I thought I would try it.  I was really excited because there is no prep work involved in this paint, that's right, no sanding, no priming!!!  Sounds fantastic right?! The only catch, its $42 a quart!!  Yes that number is correct.  I decided to give it one quart so I chose Old White thinking I would get the most use out of the color.  I definitely cannot afford to spend that much on paint all the time.  I had the perfect dresser to use it on and now that's its all done I love it!!! 

Before

AFTER



Learning to use this new paint was rough at first but I love it now.  I love how it distresses and finishes super smooth!  But beware if you are thinking about using it, you must seal it with wax(preferably) or a poly.  Its water based and will come right off with a wet rag if not sealed.  I wish it were cheaper I would use it all the time but the next time I decided to splurge it will be for one of Annie Sloan's colors!!

Oh yeah and I am keeping this one for the kids room! I I hope they like it as much as I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment