Thursday, June 30, 2011

Slow Go!

During my last post I told you how I was moving...well that affected my pickin' at the yard sales for an entire week. I spent my entire Saturday moving instead of shopping! The good thing is welove the new place but we were in super shopping mode this last week to stock back up and boy did we!We were able to find 2 really cool dressers, a FREE desk, a bed frame, a dining room table, 3 chairs and a neat side table all for $55!!!!! Sounds exciting right? Yes it was but now I can't even move in my garage and have a bunch of work to do in order to sell it.

Here is the picture of the dresser, I haven't been able to work on it yet but I am excited and want to show you the before picture

Initially my plan was to sand this all down and paint it white but turning something from black to white is dangerous!! You have to get rid of all the black which might take forever. So, I started to do some research and found a cute little blog that had alot of painted black furniture so I emailed her and was able to get some tips. More to come on this one...hopefully after the 4th it will be done!!!

On the brighter side we did sell alot of items these last two weeks. My favorite thing that we sold was a desk that was painted blue! We got tired of painting everything white and black so we took a risk and went with a blue....

I loved this desk but had the hardest time finding good hardware for it since the desk was so old. I wish I had the before picture because its quite the transformation. I also sold a chair with it that I reapohlstered...
You wouldn't believe it if I told you how easy it is to do this to pretty much any chair. This
started out as a junky wood chair with terribly old worn fabric on the seat.

More to come on the projects we are working on. This time I took before pics of everything
so you can see the transformation! Have a good 4th of July!!



No comments:

Post a Comment