Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Holiday Weekend

We have been going to yard/garage sales since about October of last year and what we have found is that during a holiday weekend it is slim pickins'. We were able to find some odds and ends and one really cute desk/credenza piece. One thing I did learn this week is that you shouldn't stain in this ridiculous heat...it doesn't turn out the way you would expect it to.

But despite the heat I was able to get some projects done. I have been working more with spray paint. Spray paint and I have a love hate relationship because it makes projects much quicker and less painful but its expensive and if you aren't careful you get drip marks and you have to make sure that it covers everything. I used it on this corner shelf that I bought a long time ago and it wasn't selling in its normal tan/wood color so I spray painted it blue and...it finally sold!



This is another spray paint project that sold this week. I really liked this one because its a one fo a kind toy box! We were getting board with our normal black/white colors so the hubby suggested chalkboard paint with a fire engine red bottom. This is the first time I have used the chalkboard paint and I love it! This turned out really cute and was sold for $40!!



I have alot of projects going on right now but its hard to work in this heat so its a slower process right now especially with a 2 1/2yr old who has little patience for me but I am working to get it all done!! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment