Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My First!!

Two weeks ago I had my first request!!! A mom who lives here in Glendora asked me to look for a desk and chair for her young daughter. She likes the white shabby chic look and wanted to pick out the fabric for her the chair. With that the hunt began and this is what we found:
My husband was so excited to get this one going that this is the only shot I got before I started painting. I wasn't sure if she would like this one because its a little chunky and the hardware style was older. So this is the picture I sent her when I first finished painting to give her an idea.
This hasn't been distressed yet but she hadn't seen any pictures yet and before I customized it I wanted to make sure she liked the style. She loved it but didn't like the hardware. The bottom drawer hardware was going to be expensive so I asked her if she wanted to buy new hardware or I could spray paint the hardware and make it more little girlish.
While I was spraying these guys I was holding my breath because sometimes spray paint and I don't agree and it creates more work but as it turns out they looked really good!!! While I was waiting for these to dry I distressed the desk and this is what it looks like with the chair!!




The set sold for $118

This was exciting and I am looking forward to doing more of this in the future. Stay tuned, if you remember that black dresser I showed you a picture of a couple weeks ago I will hopefully be done this week and it will be quite a dramatic change. Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment