Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Serious about turquoise!!!

Last week I mentioned that I loved this new turqoiuse color that we found, well that has carried on into this week because everything I am painting right now seems to be begging for that color. 

The first thing screaming at me to be turqouise were two chairs that my husband found about 2 weeks ago.  The only problem was that I had recently vowed that I will no longer hand paint chairs because its a pain and it takes...FOREVER!!  But, this color is not found in a spray paint so I decided that I would suck it up and just do it.  This is what one of the chairs looked like before the makeover...pretty gnarly!!
Both chairs were equally disgusting!  Here is what they look like now...so much better!!!
                                     Each chair is $45 or the set for $80

The next project just yelling at me was this really nice solid oak side table we found at a yard sale.  The owner has this piece for over 30 years...I am sure she would have a heart attack after seeing what I did with it but I love it!!
For sale $65

When I was finishing up these projects my neighbor asked if I was selling these as a set and my first thought was that was alot of turqouise!  But then once I put the seat cushions on the chairs and put it all together it looked really good.  Here is a picture I got from the store window at blue chair childrens books where I put some of my furniture on display (sorry if its a little hard to see!)

Next week I will have a different color that I am now falling in love with keep your eye out for my new pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment