Monday, October 17, 2011

The Final Touch!

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about that princess dresser that I loved so much I decided to keep.  The only problem was that now we had two beautiful dressers in our room but one very ugly nightstand.  It was Ikea and I tried painting and doing something different with it but it looked BAD!  Lucky for us we had a beautiful nightstand that had been sitting in our garage for weeks.  It was in really bad condition so it was one of the projects that kept being pushed aside.  Here is what it looked like when we started.

Let me tell you that paint must have been on there for decades...and there were a couple of coats of black paint under it.  It was a pain, but the hubby stuck with it and got into great condition for me to paint and here is what we have now.

Love, love, love it! (I still need to figure out what to put in front of that outlet!)  Here is what it looks like sitting next to the dresser.

Would you believe that these 2 pieces cost $60 together...with a little time and love we have transformed our bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment